Pots with drainage holes seem to have vanished over the past decade and this makes no sense to me unless you are really good with watering your plants. The bonus with the Chive Liberte Pots and Saucers if that Chive brings a super cool aesthetic to your practical plant pot!
You have a plant pot, now what? You need to get yourself a plant!
I tend towards succulents because succulents rule! Most grow slowly which I like because they won't outgrow my favorite pot too quickly. There is no Rock Star succulent, they all equally rule. I generally pick my plant based on its color and texture and what will look best in my planter. Some of my all time favorites are Echeveria Elegance, Panda Plant, Aloe, Burro's Tail, Haworthia, Agave
Now you need to get it into the planter, and this is how you'll do it:
1. Having a pot with a drainage hole will save you a lot of work. If your pot doesn't have a drainage hole you will want to start with a layer of drainage rock on the bottom, then a layer of horticultural charcoal.
2. If you have a hole in your pot skip Step 1 and move on to dirt! Pick the proper soil (succulent/cacti soil) or (tropical soil aka regular potting mix).
3. Make a little hole in the dirt and gently place your new plant baby inside. You will notice that succulents have dainty little roots. You'll want to gently loosen the existing soil from them before planting, and gently cover them with the new soil in your pot, gently pressing the soil down over them.
4. AND THAT'S IT!
5. Succulents thrive on neglect. Give it a home with an indirect light source and that isn't too cold or drafty. And don't over water it, once a week is enough for most environments. If you're in a humid area, you can push that out to two weeks.
- Porcelain pottery has never been so adorable! Everyone (and your plants!) will fall in love with these mini planters for 3" succulents and cacti.
- Each pot has a drainage hole on the bottom and comes with a detachable saucer and is dishwasher safe.
- You will receive 1 pcs each of the following patterns: Yellow Stars, Blue Ribbon, Red Diamonds.
- Made by Chive Inc., they always design the coolest containers!
- Flowers and Plants Not Included / Each pot is 3.25" in diameter and tall